Thank you to our October CLE speaker, Alan Zaunbrecher, who spoke on “Effective Trial Techniques” with the help of My Cousin Vinny. Please remember that Alan’s delightful presentation was our last lunchtime CLE of the year at Keith Young’s Restaurant; we will resume CLE’s there in January 2017. That said, there’s still ample opportunity to get your CLE credits if you are still in need.
ALL DAY CLE:
The November 18th All Day CLE will be held at the Covington Courtyard Marriott located at 101 Northpark Blvd. The cost of registration includes 6 hours of CLE credit, breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack. This CLE includes 1 hour of Professionalism, 1 hour of Ethics and 1 hour of Office Practice Management.
- 8:30 – 9:00 Registration and light breakfast provided
- 9:00 – 10:00 “The Intersection of Mental Health and the Criminal Justice System” presented by Judge Garcia, Nick Richard & Dr. Leanne Truehart
- 10:00 – 11:00 “Safe Haven-A Comprehensive Behavioral Health Campus” presented by Executive Counsel for St. Tammany Parish Kelly Rabalais
- 11:00 – 11:15 Break
- 11:15 – 12:15 “Best Marketing Practices under the LSBA Advertising Rules” presented by Brain Kennel
- 12:15 – 1:15 Lunch: included with registration
- 1:15 – 2:15 “Professionalism: Abusive Discovery Practices & How to Stop Them” presented by Michael DeShazo
- 2:15 – 3:15 “Office Management for the Solo & Small Practice Attorney” presented by Michael Calogero
- 3:15 – 3:30 Break
- 3:30 – 4:30 “Communications, Social Media and Ethics” presented by Chris Ralston
Please contact Judy at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Elizabeth Sconzert, President
DON’T BE LEFT OUT
We have created an Attorney Directory on our website, which will list our current members. But you must fill out the online form.
- The directory can be searched by name or practice area.
- The directory not only allows members to find members, but also allows attorneys outside of our area to find your contact information, and allows the general public looking for an attorney based upon practice area.
- The bar association receives many calls looking for an attorney, if you are not on the list you will loose out on this opportunity for new clients.
The Basic Listing is included in your annual membership dues, but you must be a member in good standing and fill out the online form.
In addition to the Basic Listing, we are pleased to offer a Premium Listing at the low cost of $50 per year. The Premium Listing includes the same information as the Basic Listing, plus a link to your website, map to your office, and a photo.
Link for free basic listing:
Link for $50 premium listing:
Our next Family Law CLE will be held in the Bar Association Library at the Court House on December 7th at 9:00 a.m. Our guest speaker will be Mitchell Hoffman, who will speak on “Better Safe than Sorry-A Practical Guide to Pre-Nuptial Agreements”. The cost is $15 for members. Please RSVP Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend.
Jesmin Basanti Finley
Family Law Chair
Curry & Friend, PLC, an established boutique defense firm is currently seeking environmental attorneys. Curry & Friend, PLC takes pride in the high engagement level of our members and we are committed to fostering an inclusive atmosphere. To learn more about us and our available positions please visit http://www.curryandfriend.com/careers.
Environmental Litigation Attorney – Associate – We are looking for an Associate Litigation Attorney with excellent academic credentials (top 15%) to join our Environmental legal team. Candidate must be detail oriented with excellent organization skills. 1-3 years civil litigation experience preferred with emphasis on complex litigation. Environmental law, oil & gas law and/or toxic tort experience a plus.
Environmental Litigation Attorney – 8+ years civil defense litigation experience preferred with emphasis on complex litigation. A/V rating preferred. Environmental experience preferred.
Southeast Louisiana Legal Services anticipates hiring for the following positions:
1 – Managing Attorney For Disaster Heir Property Collaborative Project
1 – Staff Attorney/LSU Law Student Supervisor For Their Property Collaborative Project
1 – Full-Time Support Staff Member In Our Hammond Office
For more information, please visit: https://slls.org/about/item.4979-Careers_and_Clerkships.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Roxanne Newman, Deputy Director at email@example.com by November 7, 2016.
OFFICE SPACE FOR RENT
$450 Office available in heart of Old Mandeville. Beautiful, furnished corner office (two windows). Wifi, utilities and cleaning service included.
Furnished secretarial space also available (both for $600). Please contact Elaine at 985/727-1664 or firstname.lastname@example.org.